Share your Weekly Wins & Worries 11.7.18

What’s your current state of mind? Wins, Worries, this is the place to freely share what’s on your mind this week. We’d love to hear it!

And remember, you never know how your share might help this week! :slight_smile:

My husband is using nicotine patches to quit smoking. He’s 37 and began smoking around 14. He’s never tried to quit before now. He’s made it 4 days so far and the patches are really helping (thank goodness because quitting an addictive habit can lead to terrible mood swings! but this isn’t so bad so far.)

I’m really proud of him for taking the leap. It’s 3 years into his recovery journey - it takes t i m e!

*Also he woke up before me on a Sunday - never happened before - and we got to go out for coffee and a croissant. It’s literally a dream of mine to be able to do this with my husband. I feel like we’re on the right track.

Win: Had a nice phone conversation with my dad this week! It always feels good to laugh together, and let things feel “normal.”

Worry: Shared this in a previous W&W post, but I continue to feel worried about dad visiting doctors on doctors on doctors. Some of his ailments are legit, and some seem “made up.” I feel worried that he is looking for pills, or might fall into taking something a doctor prescribes without asking/advocating for alternatives.

Win: I got back on the yoga mat this week after far too long! This helps so much with anxiety and my mood and yet, it’s the first thing that goes when things get busy.

Worry: This week’s been good so far…although I’m a bit worried about my ability to walk normally again after my first yoga session in such a long time :wink:

My win for this week is - I am trying to let both my boys be themselves, to make some mistakes and figure out their own solutions without butting in! Ages 22 and 24, and I think they are both growing up, though not the way I would have imagined - but that’s OK.

Haha, amazing! Celebrating you for taking care of yourself! :hugs: I need to get myself back to yoga, too…

That’s awesome @Julie_Smith! it’s hard to not butt in when we think “our way” is better… so good on you! :raised_hands: