In-patient - where have your loved one's gone to rehab?

rehab

Would you recommend them to others?

Who & Where: My husband (now 37) went to Mountainside in Connecticut.

Drug of Choice: Cocaine (the major culprit), Alcohol (played a part), Youth - Marijuana (likely started the journey)

Cost: They quoted around $30,000 for a month but with insurance it worked out to be about $10,000.

Duration: 30 days + an additional week

Results: Some relapses but 2+ years on we are on a largely positive trajectory

Family program: Some. Would have liked more.

Worth it / Would recommend: Absolutely.

Pros: Spiritual focus (meditation / yoga / tai chi) and beautiful location and facilities.
Cons: I would have liked more after planning and family involvement.

Any requests for more details / questions let me know!

I’ve heard fantastic feedback on Mountainside as well!

My sister completed the initial 30 days at Caron in Pennsylvania. After she moved to the 60 day program they have. Once she checked out she was in a halfway house about 30 minutes from DC. She relapsed very shorty while living in the halfway house. I would recommend Caron to individuals who have a desire to get help.

Hey @polly, thanks for sharing! Just out of curiosity, did the program end up helping with your husband’s addiction? If so, would he say the same? Does he have any personal pros and cons with Mountainside?

My dad did a 28-day in-patient program at the Saint Helena Recovery Center, which unfortunately shut down in spring of last year (right after he exited the program).

My sister and I chose this center for him out of a) desperation** and b) proximity to his home.

**Something that excites me about this community is the crowdsourcing of information! This is what was sorely missing when we were making decisions for/with my dad last year.

The St. Helena Hospital still offers medical detox services, and now recommends Duffy’s and Mountain Vista Farms in the surrounding Napa/Sonoma area of Northern California.

@Xohrt thank you for sharing this, I’m sorry to hear your sister returned to use while in the halfway house. I wonder, did the halfway house provide counseling, meetings, support services, and/or drug tests/breathalyzers? Or was it just a transitional living? I ask because so many of these places offer different things that can contribute to ongoing recovery (or not).

A Forever Recovery in Battle Creek Michigan. I know 2 who went there. One still clean and thriving. The other struggles still, but isn’t getting good after care locally. I would recommend this place!

Rosecrance in Rockford IL

Court ordered to Keaton house in Pensacola, does anyone have any information on Keaton?

*Posting on behalf of a Village Community Member

Yes rosecrance is good my son went to iop there

I know there has been a lot of success in recovery through GreeneStone Muskoka which is located in Ontario Canada. They are a private inpatient residential facility on a massive property in Muskoka Lake. They have a full medical detox for someone going through withdrawal and it is $800 CDN a day for their private accommodations. There staff are super friendly and their food is unbelievable, they have a full fitness center, indoor and outdoor pool a massage therapist, personal trainer and yoga instructor. I have met a few people that have come from GreeneStone and they said their quality of life has significantly changed.