Has anyone had success with hiring a professional interventionist and doing a formal intervention? What was the outcome?

recovery
rehab

To do or not do a formal intervention for a loved one who has been struggling for 17 years, has been to rehab before, but not sure how to get him to agree to go again

What do we do if someone doesn't want to recover?

My husband’s family staged an intervention for his brother. I think it was mildly successful. But it was more like one additional step in the right direction than being fully resolved moment. I think what worked for us was getting the whole family on the same page and we had weekly calls with our coach to stay on the same page. I think the biggest thing for us was realizing expectations of changes overnight are more often than not a let down and so taking a long term and sustainable approach to bolstering support and finding treatment options helps most.
Are you open to sharing a bit more about the substance type and current situation so others can relate more?
Also, have you had a look at our positive communication worksheet and webinar? That has some great tools as to how to have a different type of conversation than you’ve had in the past <3