Has anyone experienced possible cheating in rehab?

recovery

My husband recently got out of rehab and is almost finished with his IOP and living at the sober house. On Monday I got a Facebook message from an unknown and fake account saying that my husband had an affair with a girl in rehab and this person said I have the right to know. Obviously I flipped out. My husband says it did not happen. And the next day I get another message from the account again giving me the Instagram name of the girl who he may have had the affair. I of course messaged the girl and she said it didn’t happen but I felt her response was a little bit sketchy. And why would the random person give me the girls name if it wasn’t true? Who would actually do this for no reason? Has anyone experienced this? Was it true or not true? HELP. Thank you.

@rebecca217 it does happen :slightly_frowning_face:. It happened the 1st time my bf went to rehab. I didn’t get a warning message…one of my friends told me he’d changed his profile pic to him & a girl & i flipped out. He had also blocked me on FB & IG & my phone #. We did not break up, he just stopped taking my calls in rehab. I have never been more humilIated & devastated. This was a bf, not a husband. I can’t imagine that heartbreak. I was told (by his AA sponsor after) that it happens because they are without their drug of choice & fill that need with attention. I was also told these “flings” are temporary & dont last…but somehow that didn’t help the pain or betrayal. I’m sorry you are going thru this. If your husband is working a program, maybe eventually he will come clean. Just be careful. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.