Wife in rehab, emotions all over the place

Hello,

My wife is on day 6 of inpatient treatment (detox the previous 7) and I’m finding my emotions are all over the place and my anxiety is out of control.

My fears are too numerous to list…

This is our second journey with rehab, but the first time didn’t elicit the same anxieties.

We’ve been married 13 years and have 3 kids. Previous inpatient was 7 years ago with 2 kids.

Any advice?

Hi there @Anonymous58. Yikes! Sounds like you’re right on time emotion-wise :rofl::blush::zipper_mouth_face: The first time my son was dealing with recovery everything was rainbows and UpwithPeople and then, 5 years later… when he relapsed and was starting to address recovery and all of it again, I was WAY more emotional because I knew there was so much at stake, and I had less reserve in my “Trust Bank”, and I was overall more tired. Still… I did two things that helped me a lot…
1.I joined some alanon groups - one met during the week and one on the weekend on the beach and that helped me to have an outlet for MY recovery
2. I signed up for the Village COURSE and it was a real lifesaver- it gave me the communication tools I needed and continue to need to deal with my beloved.

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover: I heard that anxiety is being either in the future or the past but not in the right now, and when I think of that. it makes sense. Try to breathe, walk slow, treat yourself well. Enjoy this little day.