Who's on *your* support team?

self-care
support

Whether it’s our loved one struggling with addiction, or us friends, partners and family members trying to tolerate the chaos and stay connected to help through recovery - it’s tough to go it alone.

Still it’s so important to be able to maintain connection. After all, research shows connection is the opposite of addiction.

Question here: who’s on your support team, how do you share the heavy load?

I think this question is super important. We need to bring addiction out of the shadows and support our loved ones as a friend and family unit.

For me and my husband we have 2 friends who are totally in the loop on all goings on and one brother who helps support from the family side. This is now that we’re relatively ‘in the clear’. Back when things were dire we had a weekly family call facilitated by a coach. (That’s why it’s good to remember that the resident Village Coach @erica is here and accessible to the Village Community Members too.)

I do think I could do a better job keeping the family in the loop. But sometimes I must admit I do feel judged that his doing well or not so well is a reflection on me and frustrating and bothersome to them.

Also, purely in support of me - my family has been great. Pretty early on I shared EVERYTHING with them. If I need support for ME I’ve trained them how to be there for me :slight_smile:

Does anyone else feel like this? What do your support teams look like?