What wins and worries are on your mind this week? [7.17.19-7.24.19]

self-care

What’s your current state of mind? Wins, Worries, this is the place to freely share what’s on your mind this week. We’d love to hear it!

And remember, you never know how your share might help this week!

Watching my husband drink with control and within reason is a major win this week :heartbeat:

My husband has been weaning off his suboxone medication. He hopes to be off completely in a couple of months. He has been dependent on suboxone as a part of his recovery for more than a decade.

It was also around this time last year that he was approaching one year clean and slipped. I’m starting to spiral back into old habits of checking his location constantly, thinking the worst, questioning everything. This past week he’s been coming to bed at 5am and I just keep wondering, is he ok? I asked him and he said yes. I plan to express my feelings of anxiety with him tonight.

Wow @momentsandlight thank you for sharing! I’d love to hear more about your experience with the tapering of suboxone journey and I think it’d be really useful to the community here <3

How did your conversation go?

Sending love and good vibes for the worries.

@Jane Its been tough actually. While I’m happy that he is making the decision to taper off, I’m worried because he’s never been in recovery and not been on suboxone. This will be the first time not medically assisted. So making sure he still has a strong support network is key - a therapist, couples counseling, friends in recovery, and just keeping recovery a part of our everyday lives and conversation.

It’s also tough because seeing him take his meds has always been reassuring because I know he’s not using. He will no longer be going to his recovery center for meds and so they will no longer be providing random drug test results for me. So now I’m considering asking him if he’s ok with doing at home drug tests, but I also struggle with if i even want to do that. Tapering off has also brought small symptoms of withdrawal.

The conversation last night went well - I expressed my feelings and the causes of those feelings while letting him know I wasn’t accusing him of anything. It is just me still figuring out how to heal when triggers put me in protection mode. I still have a lot of healing left to do, and maybe will always be healing. These bad feelings will continue to cycle through as long as I’m married to a recovering addict and while that is terrifying it is also just something that I have to feel and let go every time. Maybe it will get easier. I hope so.