What wins and worries are on your mind this week? [6.5.19-6.12.19]

What’s your current state of mind? Wins, Worries, this is the place to freely share what’s on your mind this week. We’d love to hear it!

And remember, you never know how your share might help this week!

Wins: Sleep! Lovely to see my husband sleeping soundly. After years of late nights and long sleep ins, it really feels like he’s rebalanced his sleeping and is so much happier for it.

Worries: Finances and Career paths. My husband is looking for a new job and it was pressure from his job that pushed him over the edge with his substance use. I know he’s in a much better place now but I also know it’s important to navigate this consciously.

Thanks for checking in @Jane.

Worries: Still feeling low. It’s been getting so bad that I’m starting to get migraines from all the stress I think. Trying to look for ways to take care of myself but starting to feel a little hopeless and lost. I feel like my boyfriend is not taking suboxone anymore but I really don’t know.

Wins: Drug tested my boyfriend a few days ago and it was clean. He’s leaving next week for a work conference and I’m actually looking forward to just having my own space for a few days.

Thanks for sharing @Selfcare31 love your wins <3

I remember when things we’re at a climax in my husband’s recovery journey that I constantly had this feeling of a weight in my forehead. I found that taking one-two breaks daily (first thing in the morning, and again before dinner time) to meditate helped me shift the weight.

Wondering if you’ve tried anything that’s worked so far for relief?

Thanks @Jane

I haven’t tried anything yet. I’ve been lacking motivation and energy recently so I haven’t been doing a great job taking care of myself recently. Meditation sounds like a great idea. I’m also thinking about taking up yoga or something but it’s hard to find time and money for this.

Wins-I didn’t jump to pay my addicted son’s phone bill when he called and said it was due and he needed it to file for unemployment. He has been unemployed for a couple months, but used that excuse.

Worries- My son got his phone turned back on without my help, so now I wonder who is enabling him, (he has lots of using friends) or what he is doing for money. My mind goes to the worst scenarios.