What wins and worries are on your mind this week? [3.25.20-4.1.20]

self-care

What’s your current state of mind in these corona-times? Wins, Worries, this is the place to freely share what’s on your mind this week. We’d love to hear it!

And remember, you never know how your share might help someone else this week!

Worries: I’m starting to feel a bit overwhelmed now that I’m working from home every day. I’m normally able to keep a healthy work/life balance, especially being able to leave my work headspace as soon as I leave the office. But now, everything is together. I’m working in my home office one minute, and the next I’m putting my son down for a nap, and then I have lunch with my husband, and then I have a conference call. So my brain is overloaded with everything, and I’m unable to separate my thoughts, and I’m feeling constantly distracted.

Wins: We’re all in this together. The tools of recovery are helping me take this one day at a time. I’m keeping busy and staying connected. I’m grateful to have a healthy family and a secure (for now) job and roof over our heads and the sun shining.

Many worries in this very scary time for the entire world. Im definitely feeling drained with a new baby and my 4 year old because she is very bored and my baby is very fussy lately (likely teething or going through a growth spurt) normally I had family over a few times a week for some help and a little break which I completely appreciate and also was grateful for them. My boyfriend luckily has been a little more sane and helpful going through this and has acknowledged how much work the kids are on a day to day basis

My significant other had stipulations in his latest legal troubles that were going to be holding him accountable and require drug testing twice a week, his lawyer also strongly suggest inpatient treatment which at that time he was willing to go but now everything is basically on hold. There not even doing testing at the moment. Again I remember everyone is going through this pandemic and taking one day at a time. My boyfriend claims he’s not using at all but it’s apparent he has used a few times in the past 2 weeks. I keep reminding myself I can control his choices. And also to go with my gut instinct if I’m questioning. I think going to try an look for a online alanon group.

@Lovematters - I can’t even imagine how difficult this must be with a newborn, a 4 yo and a partner in early recovery, in addition to all that’s going on right now. All I can say is that all of this will eventually pass.