What podcasts have been helpful for you?

podcast

Are there any podcasts you’ve found helpful that speak directly to loved ones of people that struggle with addiction?

What do I need to understand about recovery in this second month?

I was just thinking of posting this question recently. I’m excited to hear what others suggest!

I love The Recovery Show! The podcast uses an Al-anon framework and there are hundreds of episodes so you can search for a topic that’s relevant to you in any given moment. This is an important tool in my toolbox for when I’m feeling anxious or stressed, or if I feel pressed to make a decision about something. I’ll take a walk and listen to an episode and almost always I will hear something that resonates with me and gives me a different way of looking at things. Sometimes it is good to just hear others’ stories and know that I am not alone in my experience.

These podcasts aren’t really recovery based but they do cover topics that have been a huge part of the recovery process for me:

On Being with Krista Tippet
Tara Brach’s podcast (she is a meditation teacher and talks about letting go, being present, loving kindness, compassion, etc.)
Oprah’s super soul conversations
Armchair expert with dax Shepard

Love Super Soul conversations! I just listened to Armchair Expert for the first time yesterday and am already excited to go back through past episodes. Any favorites?

@Tlee22 He interviews Johann Hari so that was definitely interesting esp since Dax has some different views on addiction than Johann. Also John Gottman who is an amazing relationship expert - my couples therapist bases her practice on Gottman and we’ve had so much success in learning to communicate and empathize through Gottman practice.

I listened to Johann Hari’s interview yesterday, he is a brilliant story-teller! I could listen to him speak all day. So I ordered Chasing the Scream today :slight_smile: Thanks for the recommendations!

@Tlee22 you will LOVE chasing the scream :slight_smile: !!

Russell Brand’s podcast (I believe it’s called under the skin), specifically the episodes with Brené Brown and Dr. Gabor Matè.

Do u have the episode # for Hari’s interview

I just found out there’s aBeyond Addiction podcast! My husband and I have been listening to it together. Good stuff.

Love over Addiction podcast is wonderful https://loveoveraddiction.com/podcast/

Thank you for this!!! Can’t wait to tune into some new ones!
There is also a podcast by Tommy Rosen , recovery 2.0
I have been to two yoga retreats with my boyfriend and he is awesome! He has a great website for your partners in recovery!

I hesitate to share this here, cause I don’t want it to come off as shameless self-promotion…but I created a podcast and I think it’s quite helpful (so I’ve been told by other listeners). Feel free to delete if this violates any guidelines. It’s called “Your Partner’s Addiction” and you can find it wherever you listen to podcasts.

Can’t wait to check this out @Karilyn! Thank you for doing this work. :clap::pray::sparkles:

In Recovery with Dr. Nzinga Harrison is so good. It’s how I heard about this site, I also like Last Day.

Last Day is my favorite!

A dear friend of mine just started a very informal yet still incredibly connecting, meaningful, impactful podcast, and I was honored to be her first guest. I speak about my healing and spiritual journey, and the importance of community as it relates to my husband’s addiction. You can listen here.

That’s how I heard about this site as well! I love her!

Dr. Drew, In Recovery are my favs