The Newcomer's Welcome: What brings you to Village?

welcome
newcomer

Big #WednesdayWelcome to our 7 new members this week: @ScubaSara @AndyD @PUPPYLOVER @Susan @Heal4me @gmcgowen @Mermaid357

If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

1. Say ‘hi!’ on this thread & tell us how the Community can best support you.
  2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added honestly makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help! !:sun_with_face:

Also, join for our weekly meeting tonight, hosted online at 6pm EST join Village members and go deeper into CRAFT skill-building.

See more details and register for tonight’s meetup via link HERE:

Hello Village, What im intrested in, is how to utilize tools when confronted with stress & debate :-)?..

Welcome @Mermaid357 thanks so much for sharing - oh yes! These are good topics :slight_smile:
We’ll cover some of this live in our meetup tonight - hope you will you join for it! (Register HERE!

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 14 new members this week: @demi04 @kl1m @Jenseia @DragonAxeTreeStar @CSW @Audrey_Williams @Mechelle_Crist_Trent @amandann @Darv @SYanes @Candy @Valerie444 @Billied

2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added honestly makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help!

Also, join for our weekly meeting TONIGHT, hosted online at 6pm EST join Village members and go deeper into CRAFT skill-building.

See more details and register for tonight’s meetup via link HERE

Hello everyone! My name is Sergio Yanes and I am a Certified addiction recovery coach as well as a Certified Peer Advocate who is also obtaining there CASAC and am very happy to be part of this great movement that is being created with this social community. This is certainly needed in today’s day and age and I’m happy to help who ever and where ever needed as I am fully supportive and fully agree with the vision and motives of this resource.

Hafa Adai everyone, my name is Amanda. I am from Guam :guam:. I found inspiration in following the We The Village Instagram page and am curious to see what I can learn and gain from this social community. Guam has many people with PTSD that has affected families and communities with Little to NO help. Drug consumption is high. methamphetamine is our biggest problem. Recreational use of Marijuana just passed on our island. Alcohol and tobacco consumption are a norm.
I have an Associates in Human Services and interning at our Mental Health facility. Soon, I will be attending our University to study Psychology.
Don’t get me wrong, there are many people on our island who are fighting the stigma of addiction and connection to mental health.
I see and feel our island transitions and I’m proud to be part of it.
My motivation is my dad. I’ve lost strength in helping him. We’ve lost connection to our family. But if there is a will, there is a way. And in time, I’m willing to learn, learn, learn.
Also, I don’t have anyone here that i can y’all to about this, who isn’t tired of hearing it. So, I’m glad to have the option of We The Village.
Thanks for listening…

Great to have you with us @SYanes thanks for introducing yourself :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for joining us here and your beautiful share @amandann you are among peers - sending <3 to you and your family!

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 11 new members this week: @Tara_Connelly_Cannon @amyscott2 @KassKass @Nykky_Sixx @Maggie @Lorri-59 @Needingachange @Mrsmossie @Lee228 @Kristen_Hart @Hippiek

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help!

Also, join for our weekly meeting TONIGHT, hosted online at 6pm EST join Village members and go deeper into CRAFT skill-building. And tonight we’ll cover Treatment Options - beyond just rehab!

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 13 new members this week: @Pfunk @Ouise @Sunnyone @JJmachara @Iverson @cberri @Jodig77 @War_Cat83 @Flamingo @MarlenaD @LK66 @Christ @makhayp1

Also, join for our weekly meeting TONIGHT, hosted online at 6pm EST join Village members and go deeper into CRAFT skill-building. And tonight we’ll cover Treatment Options - beyond just rehab!

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 14 new members this week: @Kevin_Heater @eyeofthestorm @ryanf1982 @Christina @Linda @thinline @CLouise @Amy_Keaton_Daniels @granma @sgl @Ntrent @TheLostAndTheWild @Sarashunshine @Bulldurham28

Tonight we’ll be discussing the science behind addiction, how it influences our relationships and sharing tools and skills we can use to navigate deceit and rebuild trust - this is one you won’t want to miss!

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 12 new members this week: @Sasygal222 @emilymk @Mcc @DCpartner @Justamom @Latisha_Stokley @ayisha @Batpool @mle @Knowit100 @Nic @MontcalmRecovery

Also, join for our weekly meeting TONIGHT, hosted online at 6pm EST & 6pm PST / 9pm EST join Village members and go deeper into CRAFT skill-building. And tonight we’ll cover Self Care Strategies - to heal and help in life and relationships!

See more details and register for tonight’s meetup via link HERE for 6pm EST and HERE for 6pm PST / 9pm EST

During this meetup we’ll use multiple methods to tap into your self care during the session, you’ll leave feeling a little lighter, with a breath of fresh air.

This one is not to be missed!

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 16 new members this week: @SamanthaInOntario @Niki @Sunset @Christy_Walters @L00bz @Carrie_Durham_Adams @Emp216 @Shelbylebron1991 @Cm_Chrysis @Invictus @Anne_Desmond @Cheryl_Donna_Khaphur @Louise @ashtree33 @Zander @Cds

Also, join for our weekly meeting TONIGHT, hosted online at 6pm EST - join Village members and go deeper into CRAFT skill-building. And tonight we’ll cover Facing our Fears around Relapse - with Real Tools we can put into practice immediately!

Start feeling better today!

Hi All, I am here because my husband is a recovering alcoholic, has 5 months of sobriety. Unfortunately, he is now facing a critical illness, unrelated to his addiction. He may live 2 months, 2 years, we don’t know. He is on so much medication that even if he wanted to drink, he couldn’t. I finally got him back after years of the addiction running his life. Now, I may lose him forever. It’s a lot to process in such a short time.

Thanks for sharing and joining us here @Louise <3 that certainly is a lot to process, hope we can support you through your journey and that you might share some of your lessons learned here with us too <3

Hello All, forgive my tardiness as I’m not able to dedicate as much time here as I’d like with my only computer being at work (shh!). I am here bc my Fiance is a heroin addict. He was in recovery when I met him, and I was not naive enough to think he’d never relapse, I guess I was just naive to the deceit, lying and pain that comes with it. I am constantly fact checking his stories, looking for his stash of shit. I had been going to Narcanon meetings, then haven’t in the last month because I was helping him with side jobs or just flat out letting him use my car. The truth is without those meetings, life is much harder for me. I’m glad I found y’all on here, and will continue to check in. Sadly, I feel I am getting to the end of my rope in my relationship. I am the only one who supports us bill-wise (I’m supposed to feel grateful when he buys my cigarettes–and I am, but where does all his money go?! Not only full time paycheck, but these side jobs.) It literally kills my heart knowing he used to tell me everything and we used to laugh at couples who were not on the same page bc someone was hiding something from the other, now that is us. Is there ever a future where I will be able to trust him again?? And, what type of relationship is without trust?

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 16 new members this week: @Crissy_LS, @ag1133, @Tina, @Dana_Lynn, @SbrGrl, @Vlherr55, @louisecb, @nicoleadia8p, @Ddrops, @merlotdog2, @Juliediane01, @Candy_Wombacher, @jilneel, @Gris, @Struggstofunc, @smorris13

Also, join for our weekly meeting TONIGHT, hosted online at 6pm EST - join Village members and go deeper into CRAFT skill-building. And tonight we’re going back to the beginning to cover the fundamental, underlying principle of CRAFT: Positive Communication and the skill of how to have conversations that work - with Real Tools to put into practice immediately! You don’t want to miss this one <3

Start feeling better today!

Thanks for sharing @Sunset you are certainly not alone in this. I wonder if @Selfcare31, @stayhopeful244, @Dean_Acton, @momentsandlight might share some similar experiences to the ones you had here.

Also, we have an weekly digital meetup in case you can join that the next one is tonight @ 6pm EST and it’s focused on the fundamental underlying skill of CRAFT (all around communication skills that work!) so will be a great one to attend, hope you will join us for the meetup (RSVP HERE) and look forward to hearing more from you here <3

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 14 new members this week: @LexiNico, @Leah99, @Jade, @Hayley_Richardson, @Lyse, @Jamie_Zacharek, @Easternshore, @OKM90, @lelookabill, @Lovematters, @Elizabeth_Anastasia, @nglick, @CaptainMarvel, @faitheda

Also, do you want to stop a loved one’s harmful habits?
Tonight we’re covering a fundamental CRAFT skill in our digital meetup that is a practical tool designed to help with exactly that: the Roadmap to Behavior Change.
RSVP to save your spot via this link: HERE
And start seeing harmful habits drop away. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 8 new members this week: @Russellh, @Laura, @ebelcher25, @Helen_Griffin, @Bev, @mcgke91, @Kristina_Marie

Also, do you find yourself wondering whether an action is enabling or helping? Want to support a loved one’s healthy behavior change?
Join peers and pros to talk on this topic and get clarity on what role you play in this tonight - RSVP HERE
Then I’ll send you dial in details and materials :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to talk & see you there!