Marriage after a relapse - how to move forward together or apart?

relapse
mental-health
self-care

My husband relapsed about 2 years ago and I still have not healed completely I have gained weight and only wish to sleep I feel sad and have no motivation. I feel like giving up on my marriage as I feel he cannot provide me with the trust I need to continue with him. I feel like being alone I can focus on my life and do better things to help raise my four son’s that need so much financially and emotionally. I am at a crossroads and I have asked him to leave but he refuses to saying that he promises he will stay clean. I just feel so alone in this as I have no family support to deal with it.

We’re glad you’re here @Mondaine_Chavez! I know it’s hard to shift your energy when you feel in such a rut, but it is absolutely possible to turn it around and create your own happiness regardless of what your partner is doing. Many of us have been on that road so we know it’s possible! Keep following your impulses to reach out and connect with people about this. Some books that were really helpful for me were I Need Your Love, Is That True? by Bryon Katie and The Astonishing Power of Emotions by Esther and Jerry Hicks.

I’m sure it’s hard to see, but you’re actually EXACTLY where you should be. There’s a beautiful path of self discovery and love in front of you :heart: