How far has your spouse’s family/enablers gone to cover up their addiction?

How far has your spouse’s family/enablers gone to cover up their addiction? My husband left me, and along with his parents is seeking to dismantle our significant property holdings by lying about the nature of the help they gave us years ago when we started investing. I am being accused of being a mentally unstable and an addict, when neither of those things are true. I’ve acquired massive debt fighting to maintain custody of our children. My husband doesn’t understand that they are using this opportunity to try to steal from us. He thinks he’s in control and is paying me back for the crime of calling out his addiction. How far does the projection go? What happens when the addict and their enablers realize they can’t get away with their actions?

My husband has had several relapses, and I’m simply trying to get out of this situation and empower our kids so that they can thrive despite their dad’s actions. The chaos being created frightens me, because I don’t know what to prepare for when he realizes (as I have) that what he’s doing isn’t going to obscure the truth.