Daily reminder to be kind - what kind thing have you said or done today!?

self-care
communication

I love this @stayhopeful244!!! Honesty in action!

I keep telling my brother how much he is loved and how incredibly smart he is! This helps him when he is down on himself and feeling hopeless. I also send him funny GIFs I find of anything we can relate to from our childhood :slight_smile:

Thank you so much @Hurtiegirl! I think it’s always, always important to take care of your needs. If you cannot, how do you expect the addict to even want to get better? Nurture your environment and yourself.

Hi there!
First time posting. For me, I always look at my husband as a sick person. It helps me to remember that he doesn’t do things because he’s mean but because he’s really sick. I have been trying not to judge him or saying things just because I think I’m right and he’s wrong. I let the judment in God’s hand and try to live my life the best way I can.

I sent a text to my daughter today with a picture of her I took yesterday on a shopping trip to buy her a fancy dress for a wedding next week. It’s a great picture of her in the dressing room. I told her how much I love the picture.

Thanks for sharing with us @Lucimara <3

That must’ve been so nice to have the time together, too!

I have no been very kind today :see_no_evil:
So frustrated because he didn’t follow through on a promise.
Expectations are tough!

I sent my daughter a quote reminding her of how strong and brave she has been in the past and can be again.

Yes, so so good :heart:

When I read all these examples, I feel so inspired and hopeful. It makes the world feel a little brighter. Just feeling that is helping me see the power that kindness can have for our loved ones. They may be in dark places at times as they struggle with substance abuse and I can see how that might make someone feel unworthy of kindness. If I feel this touched by kindness not even directed toward me, I can only imagine the way it would touch our loved ones.

In this long recovery journey a little goes a long way :slight_smile: glad you’re with us @Rachel :raised_hands:

I engaged with this community, holding the intention to help my father